Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The spacious place can be a lonely place

How's that for an "up" title to a blog post?
Let me back up a little bit. The Psalms are written with 3 themes: Orientation ("I love you Lord..." "You are my deliverer...") Disorientation ("The cords of death entangle me") and Reorientation ("He brought me out into a spacious place...")
I have observed in my own deliverance and in others that this is a wonderful place of freedom but it can also be lonely as no usually gets delivered with you. It is unique to you. If you have shared your trials and battles with friends they will rejoice with you when you get to the spacious place but they don't know, really know what you and God went through to get there. And that can be lonely. As I have said before, I process things. Sometimes I process things a long time. I am at a point of asking God "Why did we have to go through that to get to this point?" "Why did it have to be so hard?" "What do you want me to do with this now?" My heart is changed, my life is changed but I don't know what to do with it. I feel like in answer to the first 3 questions he says to me "I got your attention right? This is a life lesson, right? This will stick, right? You want to help others and share with them, right?" And I say "Of course, but what do you want me to do? I don't know a soul and in a month that hasn't changed. The ones who love me and pray for me are far, far away. What do you want me to do?"
Maybe by next week I will have a clearer vision or a better attitude or a different perspective. I pray so.
So in that time I will cling to this promise: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
(Joshua 1:9)
God bless.....
joy

1 comment:

  1. Joy - I appreciate your honesty and will continue to pray that God will place many people in your lives, that will challenge you and lift you up. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete