Thursday, April 8, 2010

I do not want to forget

So Moses said to Aaron, "Take a jar and put an omer of manna in it. Then place it before the LORD to be kept for the generations to come."  Exodus 16:33
I was unpacking today and came across list of things we "needed" before we could make this move.  I had made the list intentionally about 2 months ago.  God had provided so much up to that point and yet I knew there was much that still needed to happen.  I believed he would provide.  I wrote them down so that I could look back as I did today and see it as a reminder.  Every need we had was met.  Certainly not always in the way I expected it to be, but it was met. 
When I was clearly seeing God's hand move things into place for us, I knew that I did not want to forget.  I had read about how Moses told Aaron to take some of the manna and keep it in a jar which was kept with the Ark of the Covenant.  It's purpose was to remind generations of what God had provided for them in the desert.  This was a very good idea as the Israelites had a terrible memory for such things on their own. 
So today, as I had hoped to do, I pulled together some well timed, hope giving cards, Bible verses, the list and a couple of small reminders and put it into a vase.  It is my jar of manna and I hope to use it to show the next generation how God provided for us.    I do not want to forget.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea. Where are you going to keep the vase? Is it a special vase or just one you bought or had laying around? You will not forget the goodness of the Lord. He has done great things for you! As you get into a routine of work and school and busyness, you may not be so "aware" of what He did, but whenever you look at that vase you will be reminded. I did a search for the word "remember" and there were PAGES of references with this word. Two of my favorites for you are Ps. 105:5 and Isaiah 46:9. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete