Sunday, November 7, 2010

Never Late

"Never believe the so called random events in life are anything less than God's appointed order." Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest
About three years ago, I had just finished an all day pediatric presentation for a group of EMS providers in northern Iowa.  I was feeling really good about it and how I handled their questions.  There wasn't a thing I didn't know that day.  I was on fire!  I knew that I could present all that information and make others understand it because I lived it.  I had experienced it myself.  I remember sitting in my work van that day and saying to God "Lord, that's how I want to know your word.  That's how I want to share you with others.  I want to experience you so I can know that I know that I know."  All I can say today is "Be careful what you pray for."  :)  My vision=Read the Bible, get some good study aids and software, join a good Bible study group, talk with other Christians, study manuscripting.  I think God looked at that and said "That's a good place to start, Joy."  And then He said, "Now you need a story" and He then He kicked it into high gear. 

Seven months ago I started this blog as a way to process the journey of being in an unknown place, with only my immediate family and no known plan or purpose.  It stood in stark contrast from a life where I was raised, I knew where I was going, and I had strong support of  amazing large family and friends.
It has the unexpected beauty for me of being able to look back and remember.  Not just events but raw, real emotions.  It is has been my mouthpiece for my praise and my fear, my wrestling with God and my battles against the enemy of my soul. It is written out so I can't ever sit back and say "Well, I knew it would all work out.  I trusted God." Ha! I have been a questioning, wrestling mess and you all have been witnesses. :) It is also beautiful to me because I never want to forget.  In that desert, I have been able to walk closest with my Father, see Him provide for me in more than material ways and discover that sweet, lone perfect flower of Acceptance of His will. (see Hinds Feet in High Places)  This blog has been the place I can look back and see Him giving me my story. 

He is giving me a story and He has given me special opportunities in this place to tell it.  Sweet, unexpected people in strange places to tell of His love, His grace, His provision.  And I love it.  Everytime I shake my head and I say "What was that?"  But I know what it was.  It was Him inside me.  Giving me the words, giving me the Rock to stand on boldly and gently pointing to the One who gets the glory.  Answering my prayer from 3 years ago.

So if you are struggling and aren't sure what God is planning for you.  Maybe you are deep in the throws of your desert, remember:
"This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." (Habakkuk 2:3)  God is an on time God and He is working on it in every detail, even when you can't see it.

So thank you, Jesus, for my story.  Thank you that you are not done with it.  Thank you for answering my prayer to know you more, even when it's been really hard.  Thank you for being on time, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment